Mt. Kailash group tour: The 53 km circuit or kora around Mt Kailash takes three days to complete and is one of the most important pilgrimages in the world. This tour takes you to experience the Kailash Kora, a unique journey to Tibet.
Upon your arrival at Lhasa airport, your guide will greet you and escort you to your hotel and help you check in. You will have the rest of the day and evening to rest and relax to become acclimatized the higher altitude of Tibet.
1) Pick up/drop off: Foreign and Taiwanese travelers need a tour guide to pick up/drop off according to the regulations of the Tourism Administration. Chinese traveler without foreign partner will pick up/drop off by local professional Transfer Center. Our staff/guide will contact you in advance, please ensure that your mobile phone is unobstructed.
2) Altitude sickness：With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually, you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/or worsening symptoms, please contact your guide or a member of our staff immediately.
【Jokhang Temple】（about 1 hour tour）
The Jokhang Temple is the final destination for pilgrims. A statue of the 12-year-old Sakyamuni, who lived in India in the fifth century BC, and who was the creator of Buddhism, is collected in the monastery. This is the reason why Buddhists consider Lhasa a Sacred Land.
【Ticketing tips for the Jokhang Temple】：
1. The Jokhang Temple needs real-name online ticketing. From 7:00am to 23:59pm every day, the tickets for the next day will be open on the WeChat applet "Jokhang Temple Reservation" until the number of reservations is full. Therefore, tickets must be reserved one day in advance.
2. The Jokhang Temple does not open group reservation and you should make reservation by yourself. Travel consultant or tour guide will instruct you how to make reservation. If you fail to reserve at your own reasons, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.
3. The Jokhang Temple is a religious temple rather than a tourist attraction. Please note if encountering important religious activities or important activities, you can not visit the Jokhang Temple.
Located near the Jokhang Monastery, the Barkhor Street was only a place for Buddhists to do a religious circumambulation in ancient times. Nowadays, tourists can buy exquisite souvenirs on the street, such as handicrafts, costumes, tea, prayer wheels and Tibetan incense.
【Sera Monastery】is held in the courtyard almost every day between 3:00pm and 5:30pm. Please note that in case of some special monastery activities such as the Dharma Meeting or the reception of VIPs, the monk debates may be canceled that day. After our visit to the monastery, feel free to stroll around the streets of Lhasa as you absorb the atmosphere and spirit of the devoted Tibetan people, or you may return to your hotel to rest and relax from this wonderful Tibetan cultural experience.
Meals: Breakfast None
【Potala Palace】（about 1 hour tour）
Initially built in 641 AD and listed as a world heritage site in 1994, the Potala Palace is the most popular tourist attraction in Tibet. The halls, murals, statues and mountain views will make you shocked even if you are not a Buddhist.
【Ticketing tips for the Potala Palace】：
1. The Potala Palace needs real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) is required to make the reservation. After the reservation is successful, the ticket cannot be re-booked within 7 days from the day of the visit. If you can not enter the Potala Palace due to the wrong documents provided by yourself, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.Therefore, it is important to take the valid documents. If the name or ID number or do cument does not match the information provided before, you will not be able to enter the Potala Palace. Please note the ticket fee has actually been incurred and cannot be refunded.
2. The visiting time of the Potala Palace is randomly issued by the Potala Palace Management Office and it can not designate the visiting time. Please note the actual visiting route sequences may be different from the provided one.
3. In peak season, there has restrictions in visiting the Potala Palace and each travel agency has only a limited number of group bookings every day. In order to ensure the group tour visiting, we solve the problem through different channels. Due to the special requirements for ticket purchases in different channels, you are requested to obey tour guide arrangement. The normal arrangements are as below：
1）The group tour may be divided into multiple small groups (tourists who book together might be divided, and they join with other small group to visit the Potala Palace).
2）Each small group is divided into different times/dates to visit.
3）Each small group follows the different guide to visit.
4）Sometimes due to some special tickets, the tour guide cannot be with the tour to enter the Potala Palace.
5）The group rate of children does not include the Potala Palace entrance fee. Children under the height of 1.2 meters (excluding) can visit for free with adults. Children over the height of 1.2 meters should inform us when confirming the tour and paying the Potala Palace entrance fee and related service fee so we can make an appointment to purchase tickets in advance. If visitors do not inform in advance, children may not be able to enter the palace with adults and can only wait in the tourist vehicle.
【Traditional Handicraft Art center】
This day will take you to fully immerse yourself in experience traditional Tibetan handcraft art center, including making Tibetan incense, Tibetan calligraphy-the methods behind Tibetan calligraphy and the secrets of block printing.
【Warm tips for visiting the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple】：
1) Both the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple need real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) ,masks and health green code on “Zangyitong” mini programme and nucleic acid report are required. You need to obey tour guide arrangement and visit at the designate time.
2) You should respect the rules while visiting. Do not wear hats, wear revealing clothes or step on thresholds as these actions violate local customs.
3) Do not make loud noise, chase, climb, lie down, spit, throw debris, touch cultural relic in the hall. It is forbidden to photography, taking of videos and touching cultural relics and mural in the Potala Palace, the Jokhang Temple and other temples in Tibet. Do not bring liquid drinks into the temple or palace and do not smoke or use bright fires.
4) There are many steps at the Potala Palace, so it’s better to take it slowly to avoid possible altitude discomfort. The hall is relatively cold, even in summer, it is recommended to prepare a coat. The limitation of visiting time is one hour and the tour guide is not allowed to stay and explain loudly in the hall for long time, so the tour guide can only explain outside. You are requested to travel civilized and abide by the regulations of cultural relics protection units.
5) The buildings of the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple are ancient, with narrow channels and many wooden stairs. In addition, too many visitors might cause hidden dangers. Therefore, you shall leave as soon as possible after visiting. When going up and down the stairs, you should pay attention and do not crowd.
Meals: Breakfast / Dinner
This morning we’ll take a drive up to the Kampala Pass (elevation 4797 meters) where you’ll have a glimpse of 【Yamdrok Lake】down below as well as spectacular views of the holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar in the distance. You will want to have your camera at the ready for the turquoise waters of Yamdrok Lake, which is one of the three holy lakes of Tibet, and the beautiful Mt. Nyenchen Khangsar glacier as seen from the Karol la Pass. Later on we’ll be able to visit the【Karola Glacier】.
1. Except Tibet Travel Permit, Aliens’ Travel Permit for those who will visit Mt. Everest will be processed in Shigatse. The tour guide will arrange itinerary considering the process of permits. You shall obey tour guide arrangements.
2. Please note the Aliens’ Travel Permit processing time might be longer than as usual because of peak season or system failure occurs.
Meals: Breakfast None
After breakfast we’ll set out towards the peak of the world – Mount Everest. Departing from Shigatse you will see some of the most beautiful and unique scenery in the world – incredibly blue skies, floating high clouds, endless grasslands and the highest mountain peaks in the world. We’ll also stop by the【Rongbuk Monastery】 – the world’s highest altitude monastery before spending the night at the【Everest Base Camp】.
1. Tibetan Tent or uegsthouse (8-15 pax/tent, multi-beds room), from Oct to April next year due to the withdraw of Tibetan Tent in Base Camp, travelers will stay in Basongcun/Tashizongcun guesthouse(multi-beds room)
2. Today the accommodation is poor, the altitude is high, and the temperature is low. Please pay attention to keep warm and prevent altitude sickness. The temperature is about 0-8 degrees in summer night, so please bring down jackets, or rent one in the Base Camp.
Meals: Breakfast / Dinner
Today we will drive the old Tingri Road to Saga County, with views of Mount Everest and Mount Shishapangma (elevation 8012 meters), which was the last of the world’s 8000-meter peaks to be climbed. The road conditions get rougher from the old Tingri Road as it runs parallel to the to the Himalayan mountain ranges and the Nepalese sides known as the Anapurna Ranges. The main road passes through the desolate plains of Digur Tang, with its enormous sand dunes contrasting with the neighboring snow peaks of Shishapangma and Langtang to the south. As we leave the Bum-chu basin, we will descend into the relatively lower elevations of the 【Pelkhu-tso】(elevation 4600 meters), a cobalt blue lake. After checking out the lake, we’ll drive the additional 69 kilometers on to Saga County and spend the night in the small town of Saga.
Meals: Breakfast None
On this 7th day we will drive to Drongpa County, which was founded around the bountiful resources of the Brahmaputra River. We will make a stop in a small village along the main road that consists of only a few basic guesthouses, restaurants and a small monastery known as “Old Drongpa”. Scattered around the monastery you will be able to observe a pile of yak heads that are carved with “sutras” and “mantras”. New Drongpa is another small town with a few shops, hotels and restaurants located about 25 kilometers from Old Drongpa monastery. We will continue on to the Baryang Township (elevation 4750 meters) and drive around【Lake Manasarovar】 before reaching our final destination for the day, Darchen, where we will spend the night.
Buddhist pilgrims traditionally begin the 52-kilometer religious trek around【Mt. Kailash】at Darchen (elevation 4574 meters), which is also the finishing point for the circumnavigation of the sacred mountain. After hiking for a few hours out of Darchen, we will reach a valley known by the locals as “Sarshung” where we will meet an eager group of porters who will be happy to help us carry our gear on yaks and horses along the rest of the trek. After another couple of hours of trekking, we will find a grassy plain populated by nomads, who will be happy to offer up their tents as a place to relax with some soft drinks for a while. From here, we will travel on for another approximately two hours to a place known as Drirapuk (elevation 4920 meters) where we will spend the night in a monastery’s guesthouse that offers the best accommodations in this area (although it is still very rustic.)
1. Local Tibetans around Mt.Kailashi provide services, such as horse or Yak riding, baggage carrying by yak or porter. The services are not included in the tour fee.
2. Driapuk and Dzultripuk guesthouse or Tent(Multi-beds room). The accommodation is poor, please understand.
This second day of our circuit of Mt. Kailash will be the toughest as we ascend 762 meters up to the Dolma-la Pass. The peak of this pass lies about 5630 meters above sea level, so we’ll get an early start as the sun begins its rise over the mountain ridges above us. Once we have reached the peak of the Dolma-la Pass, we’ll stop for a rest and the opportunity to admire all of the fantastic scenery around us. Then we will begin our descent to the Lhachu Valley, which will take us about one hour. After another short rest, we’ll trek on for another four hours to our final destination for the day. We will walk along the right side of the river to finally reach Dzultripuk, whose name means “miracle cave of Milarepa” in the local language. We will be glad that we got an early start to reach Dzultripuk so that we will get there before the other groups – there are a limited number of rooms available here. We will have time this evening for some rest and relaxation in the guesthouse as we prepare for the final strech of our trek tomorrow.
Today we will complete our trek around Mt. Kailash, beginning by visiting the many caves, temples and shrines that have been built upon around Milarepa’s cave. It is an easy walk back towards Darchen, taking only about 3 hours of trekking to reach the end of the valley where our driver will meet us to take us back up to Darchen and then the driver will take us to Zanda where we will spend the night.
We will visit the ruins of the ancient【Guge Kingdom】and the【Torling Monastery】. Located in the Ngar Region of Tibet, the ruins of the Guge Kingdom were once an imperial estate that fell into disrepair after the civil war revolt and the invasion of the 8 Allied Forces of foreign countries that destroyed the once prosperous state. Luckily the legendary kingdom has not been totally lost as much can still be learned from what remains of it.
And after that,you will see the magnificent Zanda【Earth Forest】. Entering into Zanda county, the earth forest standing on both sides of Elephant Spring River winds over more than five kilometers. The earth is like warriors defending the mountaintop, some like thousands of horses galloping, and some like devout followers of a religion nurturing themselves, standing there quietly. From different angles, you can see wonderful scenery.
The earth forest in geology is known as "the Level Terrane Physiognomy," formed by erosion, where the sediment of lakes and rivers, mainly composed by sandstone and earth, have formed into various shapes. The Level Terrane has developed upright qualities, and the valley is deep.
Today we will drive through the windswept territory of rural Tibet, passing through numerous small villages as well as camps of yak and sheepherders on our way back to Saga. With all of the beautiful scenery surrounding us, we will have plenty of opportunities to stop and take photos if you like.
More spectacular scenery awaits us as we continue on our leisurely drive back to Shigatse where we will spend the night.
Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation-the Panchen Lama. The immense complex is a rambling warren of chapels, shrines, and halls linked by mysterious alleyways and steep staircases. At the center of the monastery is a courtyard that was used as a theater for religious dances. Just off the great courtyard in Tashilumpo’s main hall, where, like the explorer Sven Hedin, we may hear “the monks…intone a chant…enthralling, mystical, full of yearning…soothing as a cradle, intoxicating as wine, and sedative as morphia.” We’ll visit this dark and evocative chamber and its many side altars, as well as a distinctive red building called the Jamkhang Chenmo, which houses a massive yet lyrical 90-foot tall statue of Maitreya, the Future Buddha, built in 1914 by the Ninth Panchen Lama while Europe was madly at war.
1. Please note we will arrange you to take train or tourist vehicle back to Lhasa from Shigatse according to conditions. No designation will be acceptable.
Meals: Breakfast None
Today you will have free time until your tour guide escorts you to the Lhasa train station or airport for your departing train or flight from Lhasa. This will end your tour services in Tibet.
Meals: Breakfast None
Tourist buses：7-17seats（If it’s less than 4 travelers doing Lhasa city tour, we will let tour guide to take a taxi instead. Taxi fee will be at the tour guide expense）
1.Reception capability of Tibet tourism is relatively limited, tourist vehicles are comparatively old, the condition are not as good as those in mainland cities.
2.Sometimes air conditioners of tourists vehicles cannot work normally due to Tibet special climatic conditions(it may cause engine decelerated or tourists catch a cold due to large temperature difference)
3.In certain part of roads, it requires limited speed (for example, It needs to take at least two driving hours to complete the appointed kilometers), so the driver will randomly choose the stopping place to rest
4.The driver will pick up each tourist at different hotels before departure and you may wait for driver. Please abide by the appointed time. If tourists give up the itinerary, no refund for the vehicle fee.
5.Luggage specification: Each tourist can maximally take one 26-inch suitcase and one backpack. Tour guide will inform you of storing the excess luggage at the counter of Lhasa hotel. As Tibet has high altitude, much luggage will lead the insufficient power of tourist vehicles, which make the uncomfortable of tourists.
Twin sharing room basis with breakfast（We can not guarantee to book king bed room. Extra breakfast fee beyond the room rate will be on your side）
1.If there is a single room due to gender reasons, we will arrange a triple room (or double standard room with and extra bed) or pay the single room supplement by the yourself.
7 breakfasts + 2 featured meal (Tibetan welcome banquet in Lhasa & The world’s highest altitude hot pot experience at EBC)：
1.Please take care of other meals by yourself; if you give up the meal due to your own reasons, the meal fee will not be refunded. If there are travelers who are not used to dining in Tibetan areas, they can prepare their own meals.
Professional Chinese, English or Chinese-English speaking tour guide
1.Due to Covid-19, there has international travel restrictions for Tibet travel, so we can not guarantee travelers in one group are all English speakers. Our professional tour guide will provide Chinese-English service if there has English speakers in the join-in group. We will not make any reimbursement for tour guide language reason.
5 Entrance ticket
Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery, Potala Palace, Traditional Handicraft Art Center, Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Kumbum Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery, EBC&Environment Protection Vehicle Fee, Mt.Kailash&Battery Car, Lake Manasarovar, Ruins of Guge Kingdom, Zanda Earth Forest, Torling Monastery, Tashilumpo Monastery
1.We guarantee travelers visit the first entrance of the scenic spots listed in the itinerary. If the scenic spot cannot be visited due to policy reasons or weather conditions, the ticket fees will be fully refunded.
2.The group tour fee in the off-season is already based on the winter ticket discount. There is no refund or price difference for tickets.
3.Both the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple need real-name online ticketing, especially the Jokhang Temple ticketing needs to be reserved one day in advance on the WeChat applet "Jokhang Temple Reservation" by yourself. You need to obey tour guide arrangement.
6 Tibet Permits
Tibet Entry Permit, Alien Travel Permit, Border Pass, etc.
1.Some scenic spots need border pass, but the processing for border pass in Tibet vary. We may notify Chinese tourists to apply for border pass in advance at the local public security bureau before the group tour starts.
7 Travel Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance, Vehicle Seat Insurance, Travel Agency Liability Insurance
8 Pick up and Drop off
The pick up and drop off service are free from 7:00am to 22:00pm on the pick up and drop off date. The exceptions are as follows:
1. The pick up and drop off service are beyond the pick up and drop off date and and extra pick up fee should be afforded by yourself.
2. You arrive in Lhasa airport from 22:00pm to 7:00am the next day and extra pick up fee should be afforded by tourists.
3. You may stay 2 hours at the airport to wait for other group members if the flights/trains arriving time is close. Travel consultant will let you know the pick up time one day in advance. If you do not hope to wait for others, you need to inform travel consultant and we arrange the individual pick up service. Extra fee should be afforded by yourself.
9 Oxygen and Water
1. A container of Oxygen per person for emergency use
2. 2 bottles of drinking water per person per day（300ml）
3. 4L Medical oxygen cylinder with car
10 Service fee
1. All taxes, fees and handling charges
2. Reservation fee for visiting Potala Palace
1 Single Room Supplement
Two people in a room. If travelers need to stay in a single room, he must make up for the price difference for the single room.
2 Room Loss fee
The room fee incurred during the itinerary change needed to be paid by own.
3 Personal Expense
Laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
4 Force Majeure
Due to irresistible objective reasons and non-travel agency reasons (such as natural disasters, wars, strikes, Covid-19, etc.) or airline flight delays or cancellations, consulate visa delays, insufficient number of travelers and other special conditions, travel agency has the right to cancel or change the itinerary, everything beyond Expenses (such as visa fees, accommodation, meal and transportation fees, air ticket fees adjustments, etc.) The travel agency has the right to charge travelers additional fees.
Tips for tour guide and driver
1.Tips are not required but expected, we suggest 30 CNY per person per day to the guide and another 30 CNY per person per day to the driver.
Flight/Train tickets in and out of Tibet
Once the deposit is paid, your trip is confirmed. If you need to change or cancel your itinerary, please contact your travel consultant by email, phone, instant messenger, etc. There will be a charge for Cancellation or modification. The policy is as follows：
1. Notice of trip cancellation due to personal reasons before the trip starts
Cancellation 30 days or more before the trip starts, 10% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 29-15 days before the trip starts, 20% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 14-7 days before the trip starts, 30% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 6-2 days before the trip starts, 50% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to the trip starts, no refund of your deposit.
2. Trip cancellation due to irresistible factors before the trip starts
If you have to cancel the itinerary due to irresistible reasons such as traffic, weather, politics, etc., the deposit will be fully refunded by the company (for loss related to air ticket/train ticket, please take reference of the first item).
Our incredible discounts will help you save more on your next trip. Not only will you enjoy early bird discount. What’s more, if more than 16 people(including 16pax) sign up at the same time, there is no charge for one person. These two promotions can be used in combination to help you save much more on your next adventure.
Our primary concern is always customer satisfaction. Despite our discounts are quite incredible, our service remains at its usual high standard.
We are pleased to offer these three kinds of promotions after receiving your reservation deposit:
Enjoy 10% discount - sign up above 180 days before departure date;
Enjoy 5% discount - sign up 90~180 days before departure date.
Hello Alex! !
THANK YOU very, very, much for all your help and assistance for our Tibet tour. Without you I may not have managed without more tears. The tour was an amazing adventure to say the least and a trip neither Grace nor I will ever forget. Lobsang was the BEST. thank you for him too. He went out of his way to make sure we were all happy. A hard group to please! He is such a beautiful person. I hope you meet him one day. I seem to dream of Tibet every night. THANK YOU Amy also for the contacts places to go in Chengdu. A beautiful experience. Despite the typhoon in Hong Kong we did eventually get home safely. Lots of love to you : ) : )
Kind Regards, Berni & Grace
Hello Amy & Tour team,
Und zu guter Letzt, besuchten wir den Everest Base Camp (Tibet Seite) am 1. Mai 2016.
Es war ein unvergessliches Erlebnis und wundervolle Erfahrung, vor allem Everest für das erste Mal in Sunrise.
EBC ist über mehr als 3000 Meter hoch. Wir sind nicht Kletterer noch Bergsteiger, mit Alter über 40 Jahren und von der Tropic Land.
Mit allen die perfekte Kombination, die Höhenlage Krankheit ist wirklich ein großes Problem für uns ... also da 6 Monat vor der Reise, die wir machen einige auszuführen als Zubereitungen wie Schwimmen, treatmill, Joggen und Yoga.
Und es funktioniert!!
Wir teilen konnten einige Tipps :
- wir kamen Anfang Mai und es war ca. -3 Grad Celsius am Morgen und 14 in der Nacht am EBC ...
- Aufenthalt im Zelt am EBC, denn es ist im Besitz der Tibetan Haben.
Die Tibetan Leute sind schön, warm, vertrauten und kindhearted. Von dort haben Sie Tiefe Erfahrung der lokalen.
- machen Sie sich keine Sorgen, wenn Sie nicht über die richtige Schlafsack, weil das Zelt anbieten, da viele Decke weil man braucht.
- sie bieten auch die Yak Decke, und es ist sehr warm.
- wenn wahrscheinliche, bringen Sie nur Dinge, die Sie EBC auf dem kleinen Tasche. Da Sie nur eine Nacht dort.
- Essen auf Magenschmerzen richtig zu vermeiden.
- wenn man nicht essen kann lokalen Essen, bringen Sie einige High Energy Snack und heiße Schokolade.
- die Aussicht auf dem Weg zu EBC wirklich spektakulär. Bereiten Sie sich also die Batterie Ihrer Kamera. Bringen Sie extra, wenn hierherkommen. auch Ihre Ausdauer und bereiten Sie sich darauf vor (machen Sie sich nicht einschlafen).
Für uns ... wir glauben nun, dass sehen Everest ist wahrscheinliche, selbst wenn Sie nicht ein Kletterer oder Mountaineer ...
Zu dieser Zeit, denn wir stehen in front of the North Face mit Gigantischen Everest danken wir dem Herrn Jesus und schließlich konnten wir sagen "Everest ... wir sehen Sie!"
Also, wenn man kann sehen, dass es ... Gehen Sie!