Tibettravel.com provides you with the most classic join in group tour:9 days trip to visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Namtso Lake, Shigatse, Tashilunpo Monastery and EBC
Upon your arrival at Lhasa airport, your guide will greet you and escort you to your hotel and help you check in. You will have the rest of the day and evening to rest and relax to become acclimatized the higher altitude of Tibet.
1) Pick up/drop off: Foreign and Taiwanese travelers need a tour guide to pick up/drop off according to the regulations of the Tourism Administration. Chinese traveler without foreign partner will pick up/drop off by local professional Transfer Center. Our staff/guide will contact you in advance, please ensure that your mobile phone is unobstructed.
2) Altitude sickness：With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually, you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/or worsening symptoms, please contact your guide or a member of our staff immediately.
【Jokhang Temple】（about 1 hour tour）
The Jokhang Temple is the final destination for pilgrims. A statue of the 12-year-old Sakyamuni, who lived in India in the fifth century BC, and who was the creator of Buddhism, is collected in the monastery. This is the reason why Buddhists consider Lhasa a Sacred Land.
【Ticketing tips for the Jokhang Temple】：
1. The Jokhang Temple needs real-name online ticketing. From 7:00am to 23:59pm every day, the tickets for the next day will be open on the WeChat applet "Jokhang Temple Reservation" until the number of reservations is full. Therefore, tickets must be reserved one day in advance.
2. The Jokhang Temple does not open group reservation and you should make reservation by yourself. Travel consultant or tour guide will instruct you how to make reservation. If you fail to reserve at your own reasons, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.
3. The Jokhang Temple is a religious temple rather than a tourist attraction. Please note if encountering important religious activities or important activities, you can not visit the Jokhang Temple.
Located near the Jokhang Monastery, the Barkhor Street was only a place for Buddhists to do a religious circumambulation in ancient times. Nowadays, tourists can buy exquisite souvenirs on the street, such as handicrafts, costumes, tea, prayer wheels and Tibetan incense.
【Sera Monastery】is held in the courtyard almost every day between 3:00pm and 5:30pm. Please note that in case of some special monastery activities such as the Dharma Meeting or the reception of VIPs, the monk debates may be canceled that day. After our visit to the monastery, feel free to stroll around the streets of Lhasa as you absorb the atmosphere and spirit of the devoted Tibetan people, or you may return to your hotel to rest and relax from this wonderful Tibetan cultural experience.
Meals: Breakfast None
【Potala Palace】（about 1 hour tour）
Initially built in 641 AD and listed as a world heritage site in 1994, the Potala Palace is the most popular tourist attraction in Tibet. The halls, murals, statues and mountain views will make you shocked even if you are not a Buddhist.
【Ticketing tips for the Potala Palace】：
1. The Potala Palace needs real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) is required to make the reservation. After the reservation is successful, the ticket cannot be re-booked within 7 days from the day of the visit. If you can not enter the Potala Palace due to the wrong documents provided by yourself, we do not bear any responsibility and consequences.Therefore, it is important to take the valid documents. If the name or ID number or do cument does not match the information provided before, you will not be able to enter the Potala Palace. Please note the ticket fee has actually been incurred and cannot be refunded.
2. The visiting time of the Potala Palace is randomly issued by the Potala Palace Management Office and it can not designate the visiting time. Please note the actual visiting route sequences may be different from the provided one.
3. In peak season, there has restrictions in visiting the Potala Palace and each travel agency has only a limited number of group bookings every day. In order to ensure the group tour visiting, we solve the problem through different channels. Due to the special requirements for ticket purchases in different channels, you are requested to obey tour guide arrangement. The normal arrangements are as below：
1）The group tour may be divided into multiple small groups (tourists who book together might be divided, and they join with other small group to visit the Potala Palace).
2）Each small group is divided into different times/dates to visit.
3）Each small group follows the different guide to visit.
4）Sometimes due to some special tickets, the tour guide cannot be with the tour to enter the Potala Palace.
5）The group rate of children does not include the Potala Palace entrance fee. Children under the height of 1.2 meters (excluding) can visit for free with adults. Children over the height of 1.2 meters should inform us when confirming the tour and paying the Potala Palace entrance fee and related service fee so we can make an appointment to purchase tickets in advance. If visitors do not inform in advance, children may not be able to enter the palace with adults and can only wait in the tourist vehicle.
【Traditional Handicraft Art center】
This day will take you to fully immerse yourself in experience traditional Tibetan handcraft art center, including making Tibetan incense, Tibetan calligraphy-the methods behind Tibetan calligraphy and the secrets of block printing.
【Warm tips for visiting the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple】：
1) Both the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple need real-name online ticketing and valid document (such as ID card, household registration book or passport) ,masks and health green code on “Zangyitong” mini programme and nucleic acid report are required. You need to obey tour guide arrangement and visit at the designate time.
2) You should respect the rules while visiting. Do not wear hats, wear revealing clothes or step on thresholds as these actions violate local customs.
3) Do not make loud noise, chase, climb, lie down, spit, throw debris, touch cultural relic in the hall. It is forbidden to photography, taking of videos and touching cultural relics and mural in the Potala Palace, the Jokhang Temple and other temples in Tibet. Do not bring liquid drinks into the temple or palace and do not smoke or use bright fires.
4) There are many steps at the Potala Palace, so it’s better to take it slowly to avoid possible altitude discomfort. The hall is relatively cold, even in summer, it is recommended to prepare a coat. The limitation of visiting time is one hour and the tour guide is not allowed to stay and explain loudly in the hall for long time, so the tour guide can only explain outside. You are requested to travel civilized and abide by the regulations of cultural relics protection units.
5) The buildings of the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple are ancient, with narrow channels and many wooden stairs. In addition, too many visitors might cause hidden dangers. Therefore, you shall leave as soon as possible after visiting. When going up and down the stairs, you should pay attention and do not crowd.
Meals: Breakfast / Dinner
This morning we’ll take a drive up to the Kampala Pass (elevation 4797 meters) where you’ll have a glimpse of 【Yamdrok Lake】down below as well as spectacular views of the holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar in the distance. You will want to have your camera at the ready for the turquoise waters of Yamdrok Lake, which is one of the three holy lakes of Tibet, and the beautiful Mt. Nyenchen Khangsar glacier as seen from the Karol la Pass. Later on we’ll be able to visit the【Karola Glacier】.
1. Except Tibet Travel Permit, Aliens’ Travel Permit for those who will visit Mt. Everest will be processed in Shigatse. The tour guide will arrange itinerary considering the process of permits. You shall obey tour guide arrangements.
2. Please note the Aliens’ Travel Permit processing time might be longer than as usual because of peak season or system failure occurs.
Meals: Breakfast None
After breakfast we’ll set out towards the peak of the world – Mount Everest. Departing from Shigatse you will see some of the most beautiful and unique scenery in the world – incredibly blue skies, floating high clouds, endless grasslands and the highest mountain peaks in the world. We’ll also stop by the【Rongbuk Monastery】 – the world’s highest altitude monastery before spending the night at the【Everest Base Camp】.
1. Tibetan Tent or uegsthouse (8-15 pax/tent, multi-beds room), from Oct to April next year due to the withdraw of Tibetan Tent in Base Camp, travelers will stay in Basongcun/Tashizongcun guesthouse(multi-beds room)
2. Today the accommodation is poor, the altitude is high, and the temperature is low. Please pay attention to keep warm and prevent altitude sickness. The temperature is about 0-8 degrees in summer night, so please bring down jackets, or rent one in the Base Camp.
Meals: Breakfast / Dinner
We will get an early start today to cross the【Gyatso La Pass】, also known as the Dingri Boundary, At an altitude of 5248 meters. In the afternoon we will drive back to Shigaste.
1. If you are lucky enough, you can enjoy the sunrise at the Base Camp. It depends on the weather conditions and other factors.
Meals: Breakfast None
Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation-the Panchen Lama. The immense complex is a rambling warren of chapels, shrines, and halls linked by mysterious alleyways and steep staircases. At the center of the monastery is a courtyard that was used as a theater for religious dances. Just off the great courtyard in Tashilumpo’s main hall, where, like the explorer Sven Hedin, we may hear “the monks…intone a chant…enthralling, mystical, full of yearning…soothing as a cradle, intoxicating as wine, and sedative as morphia.” We’ll visit this dark and evocative chamber and its many side altars, as well as a distinctive red building called the Jamkhang Chenmo, which houses a massive yet lyrical 90-foot tall statue of Maitreya, the Future Buddha, built in 1914 by the Ninth Panchen Lama while Europe was madly at war.
1. We may adjust the itinerary sequences without any affection of the spots. The group tour may be back to Lhasa from Shigasta on Day 07 and travel to Namsto Lake from Lhasa on Day 08.
Meals: Breakfast None
Today is a great day for witnessing Tibet’s natural beauty. Namtso Lake, one of the famous Tibet tourists’ attractions, is one of the 3 holy lakes in Tibet, playing an important role among Tibetans. On the way to namtso the road conditions is very good and comfortable. Start from Lhasa around 280 km you will arrive at a scenic point call Nyenchen Thankghula pick (the height is 7162m) and this mountain is the one of the holiest mountain in Tibet. At that moment you will have time to view that mountain and you are standing around at 4800m when that time you can show your photographic skills to that mountain. After that some times on the way also you will see some of the nomads families are roaming on the grass land of the north Tibet. Also on the way to Namtso lake there are lots of real Tibet yak, sometimes if you are lucky you will see some of the wild animals like wild donkeys, wild yaks, wild rabbits and wild fox ext. then also you will pass the pick called Laken La (the height of Laken La 5190m).
【Travel Tips】：In winter time, due to the bad weather (heavy snow) , Namtso Lake will close occasionally. At that time, our itinerary will be adjusted like below:
Day 07 Shigatse back to Lhasa
Day 08 Lhasa-Ganden Monastery(Kora trekking)-Lhasa
Meals: Breakfast None
Today you will have free time until your tour guide escorts you to the Lhasa train station or airport for your departing train or flight from Lhasa. This will end your tour services in Tibet.
Meals: Breakfast None
Tourist buses：7-17seats（If it’s less than 4 travelers doing Lhasa city tour, we will let tour guide to take a taxi instead. Taxi fee will be at the tour guide expense）
1.Reception capability of Tibet tourism is relatively limited, tourist vehicles are comparatively old, the condition are not as good as those in mainland cities.
2.Sometimes air conditioners of tourists vehicles cannot work normally due to Tibet special climatic conditions(it may cause engine decelerated or tourists catch a cold due to large temperature difference)
3.In certain part of roads, it requires limited speed (for example, It needs to take at least two driving hours to complete the appointed kilometers), so the driver will randomly choose the stopping place to rest
4.The driver will pick up each tourist at different hotels before departure and you may wait for driver. Please abide by the appointed time. If tourists give up the itinerary, no refund for the vehicle fee.
5.Luggage specification: Each tourist can maximally take one 26-inch suitcase and one backpack. Tour guide will inform you of storing the excess luggage at the counter of Lhasa hotel. As Tibet has high altitude, much luggage will lead the insufficient power of tourist vehicles, which make the uncomfortable of tourists.
Twin sharing room basis with breakfast（We can not guarantee to book king bed room. Extra breakfast fee beyond the room rate will be on your side）
1.If there is a single room due to gender reasons, we will arrange a triple room (or double standard room with and extra bed) or pay the single room supplement by the yourself.
8 breakfasts + 2 featured meal (Tibetan welcome banquet in Lhasa & The world’s highest altitude hot pot experience at EBC)：
1.Please take care of other meals by yourself; if you give up the meal due to your own reasons, the meal fee will not be refunded. If there are travelers who are not used to dining in Tibetan areas, they can prepare their own meals.
Professional Chinese, English or Chinese-English speaking tour guide
1.Due to Covid-19, there has international travel restrictions for Tibet travel, so we can not guarantee travelers in one group are all English speakers. Our professional tour guide will provide Chinese-English service if there has English speakers in the join-in group. We will not make any reimbursement for tour guide language reason.
5 Entrance ticket
Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery, Potala Palace, Traditional Handicraft Art Center, Yamdrok Lake, Karola Glacier, Rongbuk Monastery, EBC & Environment Protection Vehicle Fee, Tashilumpo Monastery, Namtso Lake & Environment Protection Vehicle Fee
1.We guarantee travelers visit the first entrance of the scenic spots listed in the itinerary. If the scenic spot cannot be visited due to policy reasons or weather conditions, the ticket fees will be fully refunded.
2.The group tour fee in the off-season is already based on the winter ticket discount. There is no refund or price difference for tickets.
3.Both the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple need real-name online ticketing, especially the Jokhang Temple ticketing needs to be reserved one day in advance on the WeChat applet "Jokhang Temple Reservation" by yourself. You need to obey tour guide arrangement.
6 Tibet Permits
Tibet Entry Permit, Alien Travel Permit, Border Pass, etc.
1.Some scenic spots need border pass, but the processing for border pass in Tibet vary. We may notify Chinese tourists to apply for border pass in advance at the local public security bureau before the group tour starts.
7 Travel Insurance
Travel Accident Insurance, Vehicle Seat Insurance, Travel Agency Liability Insurance
8 Pick up and Drop off
The pick up and drop off service are free from 7:00am to 22:00pm on the pick up and drop off date. The exceptions are as follows:
1. The pick up and drop off service are beyond the pick up and drop off date and and extra pick up fee should be afforded by yourself.
2. You arrive in Lhasa airport from 22:00pm to 7:00am the next day and extra pick up fee should be afforded by tourists.
3. You may stay 2 hours at the airport to wait for other group members if the flights/trains arriving time is close. Travel consultant will let you know the pick up time one day in advance. If you do not hope to wait for others, you need to inform travel consultant and we arrange the individual pick up service. Extra fee should be afforded by yourself.
9 Oxygen and Water
1. A container of Oxygen per person for emergency use
2. 2 bottles of drinking water per person per day（300ml）
3. 4L Medical oxygen cylinder with car
10 Service fee
1. All taxes, fees and handling charges
2. Reservation fee for visiting Potala Palace
1 Single Room Supplement
Two people in a room. If travelers need to stay in a single room, he must make up for the price difference for the single room.
2 Room Loss fee
The room fee incurred during the itinerary change needed to be paid by own.
3 Personal Expense
Laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
4 Force Majeure
Due to irresistible objective reasons and non-travel agency reasons (such as natural disasters, wars, strikes, Covid-19, etc.) or airline flight delays or cancellations, consulate visa delays, insufficient number of travelers and other special conditions, travel agency has the right to cancel or change the itinerary, everything beyond Expenses (such as visa fees, accommodation, meal and transportation fees, air ticket fees adjustments, etc.) The travel agency has the right to charge travelers additional fees.
Tips for tour guide and driver
1.Tips are not required but expected, we suggest 30 CNY per person per day to the guide and another 30 CNY per person per day to the driver.
Flight/Train tickets in and out of Tibet
Once the deposit is paid, your trip is confirmed. If you need to change or cancel your itinerary, please contact your travel consultant by email, phone, instant messenger, etc. There will be a charge for Cancellation or modification. The policy is as follows：
1. Notice of trip cancellation due to personal reasons before the trip starts
Cancellation 30 days or more before the trip starts, 10% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 29-15 days before the trip starts, 20% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 14-7 days before the trip starts, 30% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation 6-2 days before the trip starts, 50% penalty of the deposit.
Cancellation within 48 hours prior to the trip starts, no refund of your deposit.
2. Trip cancellation due to irresistible factors before the trip starts
If you have to cancel the itinerary due to irresistible reasons such as traffic, weather, politics, etc., the deposit will be fully refunded by the company (for loss related to air ticket/train ticket, please take reference of the first item).
Our incredible discounts will help you save more on your next trip. Not only will you enjoy early bird discount. What’s more, if more than 16 people(including 16pax) sign up at the same time, there is no charge for one person. These two promotions can be used in combination to help you save much more on your next adventure.
Our primary concern is always customer satisfaction. Despite our discounts are quite incredible, our service remains at its usual high standard.
We are pleased to offer these three kinds of promotions after receiving your reservation deposit:
Enjoy 10% discount - sign up above 180 days before departure date;
Enjoy 5% discount - sign up 90~180 days before departure date.
Hello Alex! !
THANK YOU very, very, much for all your help and assistance for our Tibet tour. Without you I may not have managed without more tears. The tour was an amazing adventure to say the least and a trip neither Grace nor I will ever forget. Lobsang was the BEST. thank you for him too. He went out of his way to make sure we were all happy. A hard group to please! He is such a beautiful person. I hope you meet him one day. I seem to dream of Tibet every night. THANK YOU Amy also for the contacts places to go in Chengdu. A beautiful experience. Despite the typhoon in Hong Kong we did eventually get home safely. Lots of love to you : ) : )
Kind Regards, Berni & Grace
Das ist eine fantastische Reise von Tibet. Ich vergesse nicht. Trotz Höhenkrankheit und eine lange Busfahrt von 2 Tagen, machte ich es zum Mt. Qomolangma Base Camp von 5200m.Nicht, was ich erwartet hatte. Erste Station war ein kleiner Parkplatz mit Händler verkaufen Tibetan Schmuck und Artefakte. Ein paar kleine Zelte serviert wie Hotels und Restaurants in der Nähe. Die Mini-Bust fuhr uns bis zu dem Denkmal mit Blick auf Basis in der Ferne .Trotz der Kälte Kargheit und der Lage, die Aussicht von Everest auf dem Weg war herrlich! Der Weg gewesen wäre wenn Sie litt zu anstrengenden Höhe.
Zuerst dankte ich an unseren Reiseleiter Lobsang. Er führt uns einen der höchsten WC in Tibet besuchen, bevor wir die Wallfahrt nach diesem heiligen Schrein am Dala Lama gebaut. Er verwendeten Materialien aus der Fuß des Berges und es entstand ein See gibt es in Ordnung für eine ausgewogene Landschaft. Blick auf den größten Platz in Lhasa können gesehen vom Palast. Als wir an dem Tag und zwar fast jeden Tag kamen, kann man hunderte und Tausende von Menschen singen und heftig auf dem Platz. Viele religiöse Trefferstelle waren in das Palace gespeichert. Viele Gläubige waren immer noch durch Türen in der Palast betete. Es gab viele Buddha Satzung in den verschiedenen Zimmern mit verzierten Perlen schmücken. Wer kann von der spirituellen Kraft, berührt die Amv (Lehrer Sinn) repräsentiert werden.