Warm Christmas tour to a snow white world
Advantages of this tour:
- More charming. We will drive you to a world of snow where you will easily find that the sky is more purely blue and the water is more crystally green.
- Less touristy. You will have much more time and space to appreciate, to think, to experience and to discover.
- Less expensive. From November to February, Tibet tourism will see a low season, the price will drop a lot compared with that in high season.
Climate situation to your concern during the Christmas holidays：
- Day temperature ranges from 15 to 20 degrees centigrade (Fahrenheit) while temperature in night remains below zero, so better bring warm clothes with you.
- Sunrays are relatively stronger than that in other seasons, better bring sunglasses and sun cream in case of sunburns.
Upon arrival at airport, be greeted and offered a white scarf (called Kada) in a Tibet traditional way which brings you good luck. Then drive to the city proper (3650 m). Stay at the hotel for adapting to the high attitude upon your arrival. It is helpful to take things easy for the first few days, and try to drink more water than before.
Visit Potala, which was constructed in 637 by Songtsen Gampo, served as the winter residence of the Dalai Lamas. Jokhang Temple, the center of the Tibetan Buddhism that attracts innumerable pilgrims everyday. Then walk on the Barkhor Street nearby the temple, a big free market with its prolific stalls for selling local specialties
Learn their customs and discover their cuisine by staying half day with local Tibetan families; after this, with the gift you prepared for those orphans, we will drive to the orphanage charity school where you can donate and teach, from little things you do you get great love under the universal Christmas spirit of brotherhood and fraternity.
Visit Drepung Monastery for the whole morning, then in the afternoon, and in the afternoon also you will have a view of the Sera Monastery and watch the debate session there. Both of the monasteries are the most influential Gelupa Monasteries.
After breakfast, we drive to the holy lake of Yamdro tso, which is one of three holy lakes in Tibet, If not very cold you can do some hiking there.
Transfer you to airport or train station.
The six days Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse tour package is the "Golden Route" of Tibet tours. If ...
Lhasa, capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, covers an area of 544 square kilometers and is "...
Tibet 'Switzerland Views' refer to the area of Nyingchi where the climate is subtropical, rice and b...
Fly to the holy city of Lhasa, capital of the mystical Buddhist Kingdom of Tibet. You are greeted by...
Enjoy the Lhasa Namtso Holy Lake 6 Days Tour by touring to the top attractions of Tibet and one over...