6 Day Tibetan Discovery
On arrival at the gonggar airport, be met and transferred to your hotel in lhasa. free at leisure to acclimatize yourself to the high latitude for the rest of the day.
Full day city tour of the potala palace, the jokhang temple, and barkhor street.
- Potala palace: perched upon the marpo ri hill, 130 meters above the lhasa valley, it is the greatest monumental structure in Tibet.
we kindly suggest you take taxi to the top of the palace which costs about 10 and then walk down after your visiting.
- Jokhang temple: the jokhang is the most celebrated temple in Tibet. because the temple is not controlled by a particular sect of Tibetan buddhism it attracts adherents of all the sects as well as followers of bon-po, Tibet's indigenous religion.
- Barkhor street: the barkhor is the oldest street in lhasa as well as the center of old lhasa and remains very traditional. it is a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts are assembled.
Full day city tour of sera monastery, trupeng monastery, norbulingka, and visit the carpet factory.
- Sera monastery: it is known as one of the three greatest monasteries of Tibet.
it costs 15 to take a taxi to go, however, you can bargain with the taxi driver.
- Norbulingka: norbulingka means "jeweled garden". it was constructed as a summer palace for the dalai lama and later served the whole governmental administration.
Drive from lhasa to shigatse (about 347km). on the way visit Yamdroktso lake, karola glacier and baiju monastery. stay overnight in shigatse.
- Yamdroktso lake: within langkamu county, with an area of 638 square km and a coastal line of 250 km.
Visit tashilhunpo monastery, free market. drive from shigatse back to Lhasa.
- Tashilhunpo monastery: painted in red and white, the buildings in the monastery stand closely together in terraced rows, offering a grand and majestic view.
Transfer to airport.